55gal stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyboii

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got myself a 55gal 4ft long tank that I'm going to turn into a high tech planted tank. I've got a compressed CO2 system, I'm going to get the new 48" finnex planted+ 24/7 CC edition lights, and I'm planning on using flourite black gravel (this is the best substrate available in New Zealand).

I'm wanting to get about 6 or so bosemani Rainbowfish and 6 otocinclus vittatus. Other than that I'm unsure what else to get. I was considering dwarf chain loaches, kuhli loaches, or some type of Cory. I also want to get a schooling fish, but I'm unsure what. One other thing is I could be tempted to get another type of Rainbowfish along with the bosemani, such as the melanotaenia lacustris, however I'm unsure. I would love some input on ideas for fish, and also whether the otocinclus would do okay with bosemani rainbows.

One other thing is that if anyone has any cool aquascape designs, let me know, I've been interested in the ones by Nigel Aquascaping on youtube.

My personal favourite for a schooling fish is rummynose here as. I also like the dwarf neon rainbowfish if you're looking for something different from the other rainbows

I’ve had a look at the dwarf neons but I guess I’m just drawn to the bosemani haha I’ve always thought they look so amazing and colourful :p

Back
Top Bottom