56 ltr tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N.Galvin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i have a 56 ltr tank set up with 4 mollies it has a betta fish but the mollie bullied it and it died i am just wondering what good fish i can get for this tank
Thanks

Attachments

• image-315729599.jpg
    image-315729599.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 63
Yeah mollys and bettas are not a very good mix. How new is this tank? Is it cycled? Have you tested ammonia, etc? If it's a new tank and you haven't tested water yet, please read these links before adding more fish:
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Once the tank is stable and cycled you have some options for more fish; mollys are messy fish so they take up some room. You could add a small school of 6-8 fish; most tetras or danios would work. Maybe go to a local fish store, write down names of fish you like and do some research to see whether they'd be appropriate for your tank.

Its been set up around a month and half n everythin is fine im new to the hobbie so not too sure what fish to get im thinkin terras, tiger barbs and a amazon puffer

Its been set up around a month and half n everythin is fine im new to the hobbie so not too sure what fish to get im thinkin terras, tiger barbs and a amazon puffer

Unfortunately tiger barbs or a amazon puffer won't work. You tank is 14g? So the mollies should be in a 30g because they are big fish and they create a lot of mess. I would add a school of ember tetras.

So mollies are too big for the tank? Well nice ti no the fish store knows what they are talking about haha. Is there anychance some one could give me a small list kf suitable fosh so i have an idea what i can buy thanks

Back
Top Bottom