5g tank stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
My sis is giving me a 5g tank with everything what can I put in it? I was thinking a few afd and maybe a bettA what else??? :)

Betta, some shrimp, and a couple plants, no AFD(IMO).

It's 5g, keep that in mind.

They should be fine... Can I have shrimp with them or will they eat them? I might just do 2 adf and a betta.

Sharkbait54 said:
They should be fine... Can I have shrimp with them or will they eat them? I might just do 2 adf and a betta.

The betta may or may not eat the shrimp...depends. Just get cheap ghost shrimp then go from there:) im not sure about the adf's though. I thunk you should just make it a knarley shrimp tank...nothing like it!! I wouldnt get a beta unless you could find a sick white or orange on! Thatd be cool IMO

I know what works in 1 tank may not work for another but I'm gonna at least try 2 frogs. I have shrimp in another tank.

White,orange... Crazy what's your fav??

Crown tail
Half moon
Or other?

Sharkbait54 said:
I know what works in 1 tank may not work for another but I'm gonna at least try 2 frogs. I have shrimp in another tank.

White,orange... Crazy what's your fav??

Crown tail
Half moon
Or other?

Ah jeez, i just saw a White halfmoon beta at an lfs...id go that route ;)

Gboy66 said:
Ah jeez, i just saw a White halfmoon beta at an lfs...id go that route ;)

Oh man ya a beautiful betta would be awesome they must be rare cause I've only seen like 2 or 3 white ones...

The thing is sometimes they are from Walmart or petco and they are really damaged :(

Sharkbait54 said:
Oh man ya a beautiful betta would be awesome they must be rare cause I've only seen like 2 or 3 white ones...

The thing is sometimes they are from Walmart or petco and they are really damaged :(

Hmm...i saw 3 today in an lfs that looked great! Bummer.. If you really wanted to get one, i read here somewhere that someone bought one online!

Gboy66 said:
Hmm...i saw 3 today in an lfs that looked great! Bummer.. If you really wanted to get one, i read here somewhere that someone bought one online!

You know that isn't a bad idea I'll do some searching today.

If you're willing to spend like $40+ you can get some pretty insane bettas.

e.g.,
fwbettasct1324255730.jpg

roundar said:
If you're willing to spend like $40+ you can get some pretty insane bettas.

e.g.,

Ah. A bleeding black orchid. :) the most beautiful of bettas. Followed closely by the even more scarce and newly bred golden orchid.

You might be able to get away with a couple of ADFs and a Betta it would largely depend on their personalities as the Betta may nip at the frogs. Just something to watch for.

librarygirl said:
You might be able to get away with a couple of ADFs and a Betta it would largely depend on their personalities as the Betta may nip at the frogs. Just something to watch for.

Oh ok thanks!

Back
Top Bottom