60 gallon freshwater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex.S

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, how are you all? I was wondering about how I could stock a 60 gallon freshwater planted aquarium. I do not really have much experience when it comes to aquariums other then guppies and internet research. I would just like to know some fish combinations that would be compatible with plants. I really am not sure of what I want to do, and still have yet to even pick up the aquarium and begin cycling it, but I just wanted some basic ideas so I know exactly where I want to gear my research until I begin stocking it. (In addition to being extremely indecisive...)
Thank you all in advanced and good night :)

Your 60 Gallon Tank

Hello Al...

Good tank choice. The bigger, the better. Starting out, you want hardy fish. Livebearers, with the possible exception of Mollies are tolerant of most tap water conditions. The only thing the keeper needs to do is plant the surface well and change half the water every week. Fill the tank with different kinds of Platys, include Guppies and Swordtails and you'll have a nice tank.

B

Back
Top Bottom