60 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armenkk1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just upgraded my oscars to a 150 gallon tank and have an empty 60 gallon hexagon tank. i put new decor in it and have not put in the fake plants yet. all I know so far is that I want to put a school of neon tetras in there. need ideas of what other friendly colorful or unique fish I can put in there that wont grow to big (4 inches at max.).

I'm thinking like 10 neons 4 glass catfish and what else that is a active fish

If your thinking glass cats up the school to 6 or even 8. They do much better in larger groups. They like to hang under plants and so do neons. What about something for the top of the tank like guppies, gourami or hatchet?

Mumma.of.two said:
If your thinking glass cats up the school to 6 or even 8. They do much better in larger groups. They like to hang under plants and so do neons. What about something for the top of the tank like guppies, gourami or hatchet?

ok then I'm probably thinking 10 neons, 6 glass cats, 3 gouramis, and what else?

If you get 3 gouramis get 3 pearls because they are the only gouramis I have ever at least had success with in a trio. I would add a school of 8 dwarf neon rainbows. I wouldn't get tiger barbs as I'm pretty sure your gouramis fins will become torn apart quickly.

josh7 said:
If you get 3 gouramis get 3 pearls because they are the only gouramis I have ever at least had success with in a trio. I would add a school of 8 dwarf neon rainbows. I wouldn't get tiger barbs as I'm pretty sure your gouramis fins will become torn apart quickly.

+1
Be careful with multiple gouramis. Try and get 1 male and 2 females.

I say drop the gouramis for a school of barbs but thats my opinion. And gouramis can work with barbs if u get lucky to get a more peaceful batch. But like they say. Not the best idea.

Can go with denison barb. Looks grt in school of 6-8.mid level Fast swimmer.
Other choice of mine is school of cardinal tetra

I think I'm actually gonna get 4 rams, a betta, and 2-3 schools of different types of tetras.

Grt...Rams r amazing in respect of color, in respect of personality... good luck

Back
Top Bottom