65g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428887816.770330.jpg
Rams!!! The lady said that the rams have been in the store for three weeks. She had been watching them and was wanting to take them home for her tank. They are defiantly a pair.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428888019.448280.jpg six Cardinals made it through acclimating. The one who died was missing a eye? I don't know why. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428888194.631928.jpg
A FTS because why not:)
I am happy with the tank.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

Think you are adding slightly sensitive fish too soon. Cardinals tetras, Rams And ottos all kind of need more mature stable tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This tank as far is I can tell is stable; three and a half months set up. I have had no problems with parameters except a ph and hardness that is higher then is suggested for the fish all of Saskatchewan has a higher ph. I feel as if I am not giving a long enough drip acclimatization, about a hours worth of time.

I have heard that a stable ph is better than a unstable ph in the right range. Is that true? Would the tank need to be set up longer to be considers sable?

I would still need to return the fish and get some new ones if I didn't I would be loosing 30$ of fish. As a teenager my funds are limited.

Def right on stable ph better then unstable in right range.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So this is what has happens over the week I returned the dead fishes I now have;
5 glow light tetras,
6 cardinals,
3 ottos,
Misc endlers livebears,
1 male bovilian ram,
1 IOU for a bovilian ram,
The male Betta was removed from the tank.
The petland employ told me that all my water was good for my fish (ph around 7 because of a abundance I plants and driftwood) he said "the store has a ph of 8.5 even thou you acclimated them for a long time the difference in ph was still great enough to stress and kill them." He suggested a longer acclimating period so I did. No losses 31ish hours after the return. (Knock on wood)
They had no bolivians in stock I was told to call on Monday He will tell me if they have some then.
I'm thinking of adding more light for the plants.

Not much has changed except for lots of plants added and a female ram was added a month ago. I'm currently dealing with Camallanus.

When I acclimate fish i take hours especially if they are from a different region with different parameters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom