70-100g lots of questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi.
Heres a little update.
I talked to my dad and he agrees to the following plan...
-100Gallon 5'×1'5"×1'5"-
Ill get the tank at my LFS
-Finnex 24/7 30" (2×)-
Ill order them from the us to europe in the internet.
-EHEIM professional 3 600 2075-
Getting this from the LFS, too.
-Build a stand-
Ill take special ytong concrete. Its a kind of lowweighted rock. Ill put these bricks in a U-shape so i can put the technics inside of the stand. After i did that, ill paint it and put a board on the top.
-Heating?-
Ill get no heatingstick, until its winter. When i need one then i can get it at the LFS.

thats my plan :) questions or tips? Just ask and tell them.
[emoji106]
Jonatan

I would look at different filters. Those are stupidly expensive. Im assuming the lfs recommended the filter to you. In this case, keep in mind that they are in business to empty your pockets. The more you spend there the better off they will be. Its like a car dealership.

Also, just go with a heater now. Theres no reason to wait as they dont turn on when the water is warmer than the temp they are set for.

Do you have a example for a different filter? How much watts is needed for the heater?

Jonatan

Allright. Thanks for the answers. Ill talk about this stuff to my dad tomorrow and see if he agrees.
Would it be better to get an canister filter than 2 ac's?

Jonatan

Allright. Thanks for the answers. Ill talk about this stuff to my dad tomorrow and see if he agrees.
Would it be better to get an canister filter than 2 ac's?

Jonatan

Overall imho there's no huge benefit to canisters other than being able to aim the output and use a spray bar.

Yes canisters give more room for media and a little more customizability for that media, but for me at least the maintenance of canisters outweighs the benefits of them.

It takes me at most a minute to clean out my AC filter while it's at least a 10 minute procedure to clean out a canister. More if you choose to clean the hoses as well.

Okey. Are the ac filters loud? They look like the water just falls out of it like a waterfall.

Thats great. The tank will be 2' next to my bed lol. So i dont want as loud stuff obviously :D

Back
Top Bottom