75 gal goldfish filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GEOlson

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm planning out my goldfish aquarium which will be 75 gal. I'm not sure what filters I want to use. I was thinking Eheim, either 2217 or 2236, and the main reason is because I know they're supposed to be dead silent. Since this tank is going in the living room and I'll be sitting next to it wile watch films, I don't want a filter that makes much noise. I've also partial to Eheim's sintered glass. I know I could replace a different brand with Eheim's, but that would be additional out of pocket cost. I don't know much about Fluval but they look to be quite expensive compared to similar Eheim. However I can get a Fluval at my LFS, as well as Cascade and Magnum (made by Penguin? I can't think of the company, just the line). I've not looked into Rena other because I know those two are supposed to be the best. I was thinking about AC 110s because I love AC, but since space will be a slight issue, I wanted to save those few extra inches that a HOB filter would require.

Any recommendations and suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks!
I do know many are partial to either Eheim or Fluval, so I don't want to spark a debate, but I am open to what everyone has to say.

I was just looking at aquarium sizes and wondered if fancy goldfish might enjoy a 65 gallon tank because of the extra height. It seems my fancies mostly stay at the bottom looking for food though and don't spend a whole lot of time swimming at much vertically.

Thanks.

75 is perfect, that is what mine are in. I have used Rena, Eheim, and Fluval and would definitely use Fluval. They are dead silent. I had to touch my FX5 the first time I set it up to make sure it was running.

I would go with the FX5. I have two 405s on my 75 now but only because I already had them on hand. Don't even think about looking at Cascade, Marineland, Magnum, or anything.

Thanks Fishguy! Just wondering what the typical cost of an FX5 is. I didn't look them up before because they just just expensive.

Thanks Fishguy, definitely what I'm going to order. I read it's like a 5 gallon bucket.

Back
Top Bottom