75 gallon angel, tetra, and m. Ingheri catfish community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ole scratch

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've got this 75 African cichlid tank and I'm worn out with the constant territorial fighting. My tank is terrible bc the fish all have their own territories. Nobody travels around. I have 7 African cichlids, 2 jewels, an acei, a peacock, an albino zebra (I think), a blue, and a demonsani. Anyways, they always stay in their own area. So I'm thinking about switching the whole tank over to a peaceful south American (non cichlid except for angels) with tetras, m. Ingheri cats, and angels. This being a 75 gallon, I'm thinking around 5 angels, several cats, and I don't know which sp. Of tetra and how many. I know serpae, black phantom, cardinals, neons, danios. I'm going to do 5-6 of each. I just don't know what else I want, should, or can get away with. But will be 5-6 of each. I'm looking for suggestions, advise, experience, and instruction. I'm running 2 aqueon 55/75's on it for filtration. I will be repairing a fluval 405 to use for straight biological. That should give me around 1180 gph of filtration. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well first of all danios aren't tetras, they are danionins. Also, in a tank that large it would be cool to have one big school, and then a bunch of smaller schools, like this:
- 25 rummynose tetras
- 12 neon tetras
- 8 bloodfin tetras
- 7 bleeding heart tetras

That would be like 80% stocked on a tank like that. Maybe 85%.

Got to have the danios. Even of they aren't tetras. Ur other suggestions are cool too. I'm just not sure about doing a large shoal of just 1 type. I want them to spread out a little but cover a lot of ground. I'm also looking for a free flowing, tranquil tank that will help me get through some troubling times I'm trying to work through. I'm already stretched too thin and the African tank does not help me chill. It drives my anxiety through the roof just watching them boogers. This is to be a 75 g therapy tank to help myself and an autistic niece and nephew find some chill time. It has to move but in a flow and not in aggressive darts and attacks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom