75 gallon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 75 gallon planted aquarium. Currently housing
X6 rummynose
1 bnp
X7 discus

Now I was thinking of getting some cardinals and some sterbai cories. I was thinking 6 cArdinals and 5 sterbai. I was just wondering what everyone thought. I waa debating on taking the rummynose out and just do a bigger school of cardinals

Ps opinions on rummynose and discus? Are they to active for the discus? Mine seem not to be bothered by them.

Are the ottos going to like nibbling on the slime coat of my discus? Im not to knowledgeable about them tbh

Not unless they are starving. If there is algae, algae wafers, or blanch veggies in the tank they shouldn't.

I see, well I have a bunch of wafers for mt pleco fry but I've recently been using a lot of cucumbers.
Also betta, what did you mean the ottos where a better choice for the pleco or rummynose?

The Otos would be better than the pleco because they're less territorial and not as messy

The Otos would be better than the pleco because they're less territorial and not as messy

I agree. Plus, otos are awesome! They are really active, and for me, surprisingly hardy! Everyone says they are pretty fragile, but mines survived a high nitrate spike, so...

Plus I saw mine cleaning the glass upside down once!

I would add to the Rummynose school, and add a bunch of Otto's in place of the Plec. Some Cardinal Tetras and Sterbai Corys would be a nice addition too.

My pleco is gourgeous though. Ans I've never seen any aggression towards my discus. Mainly other males. But I guess I could go and stare at some ottos until I like them.

If you like the bn and it's not causing problems, keep it.

That not as messy thing is interesting though. Obviously plecos have a big bioload but my plants seem to eat up most of the nitrates right now. How are ottos and plants?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom