75 or 90 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am thinking I want to get a 75 or 90 gallon tank eventually. what type of hood and lighting do you reccommend and what type filter?

I don't think I want to go with a canister filter because I want to use a metal stand and then I will not have anywhere to hide the canister. can I still use something like the emperor 400?

I am not really seeing hoods for the larger tanks. do I just use the glass cover and then place a light on top? how is the light secured to the top of the tank?

also, what do I do about heaters? do I use 2 and put one at either end of the tank? and how do you know what size/wattage to use if you use 2?

any pictures or advice is greatly welcomed! thanks!!

You can use 2 aquaclear 110's if you don't wanna do a canister. Heater I would go 1 up, for me I like Aqueon pro's and lights? Your using glass canopy so any light really just depends on how much you wanna spend.

I linked you a bunch of info on heaters, lights and filters but for some reason it didn't work. Just google some of the things mentioned.

Glass versa-tops are good, with or w/out a wooden canopy. Lighting depends on whether the tank will be planted or not, and if planted what types of plants you want to grow. If you just want a light to see the fish a single bulb, regular FL strip light would be fine.
I run 1 or 2 aquaclear 110's on my 90 and the 75's, just depends on how heavily the tank is stocked. I also have an air-driven sponge filter in all my tanks for additional circulation and to pick up more debris.
One heater should be plenty, I use 250w heaters in mine, they're in the basement.

Ok, so I found an aqueon kit that has a tank, glass cover, hood with fluorescent light regular $250 on sale for $199. Is this a good deal or will I find something better. Should I grab this now or will there be other sales?

Not a bad deal for a new tank, etc., I'm selling a used 90 with black pine cabinet stand, matching canopy, and glass tops for $250. You could probably find a better deal on a used setup on your local craiglist.

Back
Top Bottom