75 stock ideas?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay everybody, HERE WE GO!!!

75g FW
AquaClear 110 (x2)
PFS Substrate
78 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Planted (low to medium light)

I want some Cory's possibly. Would love a clown loach or two, (but I know I can't, so if you have any other ideas that look like them, that would be fantastic). Shrimps and snails. Centerpiece fish?

Lets brainstorm ;)

Okay I think this stock would work in that size tank:

2-4 german blue rams. Let them pair up
2 pearl Gouramis
A schooling fish 15-20 cardinal tetras
8-10 cherry barbs
10 panda Cories
Some shrimp but be careful because the GBR might eat them!

Samzter said:
Okay I think this stock would work in that size tank:

2-4 german blue rams. Let them pair up
2 pearl Gouramis
A schooling fish 15-20 cardinal tetras
8-10 cherry barbs
10 panda Cories
Some shrimp but be careful because the GBR might eat them!

Are the German rams really THAT DIFFICULT to keep?

And could I replace the tetra school with something else? Ehh I dunno. Not a fan of cardinals.

Yeah sure ! You could replace them with most tetras . In a way rams are difficult to keep. It's only cuz their sensitive to water quality but as long as your readings are 0ppm ammonia 0ppm nitrites and 0-20ppm nitrates

Samzter said:
Yeah sure ! You could replace them with most tetras . In a way rams are difficult to keep. It's only cuz their sensitive to water quality but as long as your readings are 0ppm ammonia 0ppm nitrites and 0-20ppm nitrates

How about dojo loaches?

Yes if you do it's really worth it! I have a pair in a 30 and really happy with them

Samzter said:
Yes if you do it's really worth it! I have a pair in a 30 and really happy with them

do you know of any easy breeding soecies?

TankMan said:
Okay everybody, HERE WE GO!!!

75g FW
AquaClear 110 (x2)
PFS Substrate
78 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Planted (low to medium light)

I want some Cory's possibly. Would love a clown loach or two, (but I know I can't, so if you have any other ideas that look like them, that would be fantastic). Shrimps and snails. Centerpiece fish?

Lets brainstorm ;)

Are you looking for a certain biotope idea or just a community of any kind? I'm assuming general community since Corydoras and Loaches come from different places :)

TankMan said:
do you know of any easy breeding soecies?

I know all livebearers are easy to breed. Cories are fairly simple and rams are if you have a pair. It will take the rams a few spawns to get the parenthood thing right but they will!

TankMan said:
How about dojo loaches?

You can easily get Dojo Loaches in there. But be warned, they can and will uproot plants. They don't mean to...but they can be little jerks haha. I'd suggest some Kuhli Loaches (not the black kind) if you want something like that.

Predfan27 said:
You can easily get Dojo Loaches in there. But be warned, they can and will uproot plants. They don't mean to...but they can be little jerks haha. I'd suggest some Kuhli Loaches (not the black kind) if you want something like that.

Okay thanks!! I like kuhlis more anyways.

TankMan said:
And could I replace the tetra school with something else? Ehh I dunno. Not a fan of cardinals.

Also, if you want something a little more active than Cardinals, look into various Rasboras. They tend to be pretty active IME. One specie that I have loved to keep for their subtly beauty (especially in planted tanks) are the High-Spot Rasbora.

Dojo loaches like cooler temperatures usually... If you like loaches you could look into Dwarf Chain Loaches or Zebra Loaches instead.

If you don't like tetras, I highly recommend Zebra or Leopard danios. Those guys are super zippy and active, and with a 75 gallon they'll have plenty of space to build up speed and stretch their fins.

You have a lot of flexibility with a 75 gallon. I suggest going to your LFS and seeing what fish interest you, then come home and research their needs. From there you can figure out which will work together.

NEW STOCK THOUGHTS! SEMI AGGRESSIVE

Okay so I really want a semi aggressive tank, well, I really want the fish that come with a semi aggressive tank ;) does this work?

10 Tiger Barbs
1 RedTail Shark
*some gourami?*
I already have 5 peppered cories :facepalm:
Need some ideas

Oh.... It's planted.

Only thing that might be an issue there is that the tiger barbs may go after the gourami feelers. Since you plan on 10 that should be enough they'll be less likely to be nippy, but you never know. Otherwise the cories should be fine with everyone, and the RTS should be fine with the gourami. Someone more familiar with the gourami/barb combo should chime in as I haven't personally tried barbs yet, just heard/read about them.

Back
Top Bottom