75Gal. Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedNeck

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok. So I am getting a 3rd tank, 75gallons. Passed up on a 100 or maybe it was a 125, because I simply did not have the space to put it where I really wanted it. I am going to go with cichlids but I don't know how many or of what I could do in the 75. I want to go planted low tech with white sand perhaps....Might flop back to black because I really like the way it looks in the 10gal. Any help or advice would be greatly appritiated. I am starting to do my research on the different types right now!

And to think this all began with resurecting the old 20gal hex my mother had:lol:

Ok so went out and got a 90 gal. I have a 300watt heater and 2 emperor 200's. Started doing a fishless cycle yesterday.... Here it is so far!
60630-albums9586-picture38513.jpg

Nice! I wish I could have a tank this large in my apartment. Right now, the largest tank I am allowed is the 55 gallon.

What are you thinking about stocking with?

75 is a perfect size tank IMO. You have a larger surface area and the extra depth to layer. I have a 125 cuz I do have room but if I ever down sized, 75 is the tank.

I looked at a 125 but did not currently have the room. I picked the 90 just cause I liked the few inches of extra height over the 75, dont know why, just appealed to me:lol:I want to do cichlids. I am now trying to cycle the tank before the lfs sells out of electric blue jd's! The are such a sharp looking cichlid. Then I figure I can stock around that.

Back
Top Bottom