90 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaw99

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wondering if a 90 gallon tank is big enough for 2 oscars.

How do I put this. 90 gal with heavy filtration will support 2 Oscars. The question will be will the Oscars be ok with each other. each Oscar has its own personality . I have had 4 Oscars in a 125 no problem. I also have had Oscars that woun't tolerate any Oscar with it'. The Oscars I have now lg. ones are always on a Mexican stand off. I have always found that the reds and albinos to be more tolerant of each other but no guarantees. Sorry its a crap shoot!

Thanks for the advice i'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

So I should only get one. Is there any other fish I can have in the tank with it?

Common PLecto. Lg usualy no problem. They have the means to defend them selves. In my tropical pond I have 3 Oscars, 3 overgrown bala sharks, ex lg. kissing gouramis, 1 pr lg red parrots, 4 15 plus inch plectos, 4 bullsesye cats. This combo would not work in a tank. The only ones that bother each other are the Oscars, there always to busy chasing each other they don't bother the other fish. Plus they get a lot of crayfish to play with.

Back
Top Bottom