90 Litre Tank Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Avocet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm planning on getting the Fluval Roma 90 which is 90 litres. The dimensions are roughly 60x35x45cm. I'm a bit of a novice but I know about cycling. I just want some advice on my current stocking ideas. I know I'll need to check the water chemistry and all that but I just need to know about the compatibility of the fish I'm currently planning on getting. So here's my list:

2 Kribensis (Same-sex as I know they get aggressive when breeding)
1 Male Dwarf Gourami
6 Panda Cory
6-8 Harlequin Rasbora
6 Kuhli Loach (If available)

If you guys have any feedback or advice, it would be much appreciated. Also, with the Kribensis would it be better to get 2 males, 2 females or a single male or female?

Avoid slow moving fish such as Angelfish and Gouramis. Guppies are a delicacy. Kribensis may also nip at fish with long fins. If the tank is small, avoid tank mates that are bottom dwellers that may compete for space and territory. Because of this I would leave out the Gourami's, Cories, and Kuhli's.

That pretty much leaves you with

2 Kribs
6-8 Harlequins

So now you will probably want a center piece or another small group. Maybe a trio of platies or swordtails?

Lightly stocking is always best so stock a little less to be safe. You may want to use this site. aqadvisor.com

What about if I added some Galaxy Rasbora? Or would they be too small? Also, would another sort of dwarf cichlid be ok in that sort of tank? Maybe an appistogramma or a Ram although I do know that Rams are very sensitive water wise. Any ideas for a pair of colourful slightly larger fish would be appreciated. Also, I've decided that I'll probably get one or the other when it comes to Kuhli Loaches and Cories although I'm not sure which yet.

I do want a Dwarf Gourami though and I've been told that the Kribs could nip their fins. If you can think of any other peaceful, larger, colourful fish it would be very helpful. Currently I'm thinking of maybe an apistogramma cacatuiodes but I'll have to see what they have in my LFS.

Right, I've been checking my stocking with my current filter and it's too much. I could get another filter but for now I'll just stick to the one included. Here's my new stocking list

2 Bolivian Rams (I had look at German Blue Rams but they're a lot more finicky when it comes to water chemistry)
1 Pearl Gourami
5 Neon Tetra
6 Panda Cory

I know it might not seem like enough tetra but it seems that Bolivian Rams get on better with Pearl Gourami than with Dwarf Gourami and with my current filter, the stocking would be too much with more than five tetra. So what do you guys think? Would you say get an extra filter and get some more tetra or maybe even another larger tetra or shoaling fish, or to leave the stocking as it currently is?

OK I've decided on getting an extra internal filter and a dwarf gourami instead of a pearl gourami as I have found that a pearl gourami is too large for my tank. I have also added some different tetras as with the other filter I could accommodate them. Here's my new list:

1 Dwarf Gourami
2 Bolivian Rams
6 Panda Cory
8 Neon Tetra
8 Lemon Tetra

Any thoughts?

I have yet again changed my stocking ideas. My current is:

2 Bolivian Ram/ 2 Same-sex Kribensis (Probably Kribensis)
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Bristlenose Pleco
10 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Panda Cory

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom