92 gal amazon bio almost complete! what should i add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headstanders can be nippy and some do eat plants. There are so many species of headstanders. Thinking outloud, an Anostomas might not be such a terrible choice. I'd be interested in what others have to say.

Sounds like we should get your dad in on the conversation too. :D

yes i've been negotiating with him on the matter. we're thinking about just getting some bleeding hearts and some more varieties of cory cats, and of course making our schools of cardinals bigger

the anastomas cigar fish really looks cool! they get like 7 inches, but that's about the MAXIMUM of what i would want for a fish size. otherwise i was thinking of an Abramites hypselonotus. but i don't know much about these fish, other than that they are fin-nippers, but what i'm figuring is that they will have too many fish in the tank to just pick on one particular one. but if they harm plants, that's a different story!

SeymourFRESH said:
well, i've considered angels, but my dad doesn't like em and they'd probably eat my rummy nose
i have a school of rummy nose with my angels, they ignore each other :D

Seymour, you could try a school of hatchet fish. I have 10 in my tank and they're the greatest! I'm also putting together an Amazon community and hatchets made a perfect addition. They're great for filling up the space at the surface and are very peaceful.

lovemybarbs said:
OMG, it was awful, don't waste your time.

wow, that bad huh? i heard it was awesome! that's a shame, lol

hatchet fish wouldn't be bad, except when we had those in the past they jumped like crazy lol!

i think i've got this figured out though...i've looked at jchillins tank and i've concluded i might just add more to my current schools, add more rams, and possibly some serpae tetras! i would like to try angels, but i don't think that's gonna happen

thanks guys!

it was filthy. There were hardly any freshwater at all. He had a lot of high priced reptiles and such. To be honest, I was afraid to let my son touch anything because of germs.

Back
Top Bottom