A different bubble problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flushingfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bubble stone installed that is supposed to release a stream of champagne size bubbles into the tank. I have it installed under the gravel and it seems to release small bubbles on one side and big fat bubbles on the other. Is this weird? Should I return it? Or should I just quit worrying. btw If I wasn't at work right now I'd enter the make and model.

I'm sure others will correct me if I am wrong but I believe those are supposed to be set ontop of or anchored to the gravel... not buried in gravel. That could be why the bubbles are not coming out right. My brother had one of those bubble walls the whole length of his ten gallon and he had it just anchored into the gravel, not under the gravel.

Like I said, this is my educated guess. Others will chime in with the real answers. Good luck!

If they are not completely level, some longer air stones will produce uneven sized bubbles. That is my guess...

Okay, doesn't sound like a cause for major alarm in any case. I'll try it above the substrate and make sure it's level. I have to do a pwc tomorrow anyway. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom