A Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davy_Jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, Im going to restock my tank with some new fish and get a few more decorations. Ill be getting a:

Cave
146b_1_sbl.JPG

These 2
c79a_1.JPG

For hiding spots.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The problem is, I want a shipwreck. They have several that I really, really like and I dont know which would be best for me or my fish.
Here they are:

d6db_1.JPG

100_0284.jpg=600

100_0283.jpg

fishasses2.jpg

Please help me and let me know what I should do.... Im going crazy thinking day and night, Should I do this one, or that one.
Please help me put this to a End.
THANKS-

personaly i do not feel any of the ships posted really would look good with the other decor you want...

I would be a little hesitant to add either of the two ships pictured to a tank. I can't really tell how big the "wreckage" holes are from the picture, but I could imagine a fish getting stuck in there.

Well, the kraken one I know they will get stuck in, but it does look pretty.
The sunken paddle wheeler the wont get stuck in because you haft to put gravel in in to weigh it down.
And the titanic really doesent have woles.

Have you seen Lonewolfblue's shipwreck? It looks cool, even to someone such as myself who is not normally a fan of shipwreck decor. Check out his gallery for pics. It looks really sweet! That may give you some ideas.

Yeah, I saw it. And yes looks very cool, but that ship wouldnt fit in my aquarium. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ok, I like all of these, but I have made my mind up to go with the paddle wheeler. It will add aeration to the tank and decor. The fish wont find theyre way in cause as I said before you have to fill gravel to the inside to keep the ship weighed down.

But one last Question, does the sunken paddler look good to you???

Yeah, I like that sunken schooner but its $64 bucks, also to tall for my tank.
Whats wrong with the paddler?

The Small Sunken Nordic Ship is 14.99 and probably would fit your tank.

I just prefer the looks of these. They look a bit classier than the paddler to me. Again, it is all personal taste.

Ok, I have 40 bucks, Ill be going to Wal*Mart to get some decor and want to know whats the best color gravel to go with decor???
Need a Response ASAP.

Hey Davy, that's all a matter of personal preference. If you're going for a more "natural" look, buy black or brown gravel. If you're going for a "different" look, buy gravel that matches your decor. It's all about your own personal taste, and no one can tell you what will look good to YOU! If you are happy with your tank, then that is all that matters. If you're having a lot of trouble deciding, browse the gallery and get some ideas from other members. There are a lot of great tanks around this site!

Thanks, I just got back and I had to set the 30gallon up by myself.
We got a brown colored gravel, it was either that or that nasty rainbow colored gravel.
And Thanks to all of you, but thanks severum mama, and verucaproduce. You two have been the most helpful and in time I will have pictures for you to see.

I finally got a background.
I have a big coral reef cave for hiding.
And a big rock for them to swim through.
There are other small accessories and I went along with the paddler. I finally got it in the mail. It has a pretty red wheel and a nasty rotten greenish blue color to it, And its made by my favorite company Penn-Plax. I think Im finally satified. But now that Ive change the gravel, Can the nematodes come back???????????

But now that Ive change the gravel, Can the nematodes come back???????????

Ok, so I took the paddler out and put the Raging octopus in to see how it would look. And this is not my pleco. Its came out of my cousin's tank to keep algea out of the tank until I get my fish and clean up crew.
img_813863_0_2581f5314ccbc21e74edbdca958d19be.jpg

Back
Top Bottom