Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Aaarrrghh new aquarium cracked

Just took delivery of my lovely new white aquarium, only to discover that it has hairline cracks in three corners of the base pane. So everything now on hold - which is a nightmare for an Aries male like me! Now all the hassle of returning it begins......don't suppose I could just seal it and it would be fine?

Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it's new, I would return it..... absolutely.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
If it's new, I would return it..... absolutely.
Yes I agree. Internet job though so having to keep fingers crossed that it doesn't get complicated I.e. my fault, wasn't cracked when we packed it etc. Will let you know how I get on.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Stick to your guns.

The one time I ordered a brand new tank, I went to my lfs and had my guy do it for me. I didn't have to pay shipping and he fully inspected the tank for damage upon arrival so I didn't have to get involved in that.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ordered my 90 thru my lfs also first one came destroyed, i never even saw it, my lfs guy just shipped it back and had them replace it, fully inspected replacement and helped me load it. IMHO the only way to order tanks..
Don't remember the question, the answer is large PWC's, Prime, and OVERfiltering...
nextgeneration40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendao
Just took delivery of my lovely new white aquarium, only to discover that it has hairline cracks in three corners of the base pane. So everything now on hold - which is a nightmare for an Aries male like me! Now all the hassle of returning it begins......don't suppose I could just seal it and it would be fine?
I'm sorry to hear that. that sucks. Nothing worse than getting something new, getting home and finding it broken. I hope they send you a replacement.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com