Aaarrrghh new aquarium cracked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rendao

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just took delivery of my lovely new white aquarium, only to discover that it has hairline cracks in three corners of the base pane. So everything now on hold - which is a nightmare for an Aries male like me! Now all the hassle of returning it begins......don't suppose I could just seal it and it would be fine?

LyndaB said:
If it's new, I would return it..... absolutely.

Yes I agree. Internet job though so having to keep fingers crossed that it doesn't get complicated I.e. my fault, wasn't cracked when we packed it etc. Will let you know how I get on.

Stick to your guns.

The one time I ordered a brand new tank, I went to my lfs and had my guy do it for me. I didn't have to pay shipping and he fully inspected the tank for damage upon arrival so I didn't have to get involved in that.

Ordered my 90 thru my lfs also first one came destroyed, i never even saw it, my lfs guy just shipped it back and had them replace it, fully inspected replacement and helped me load it. IMHO the only way to order tanks..

Rendao said:
Just took delivery of my lovely new white aquarium, only to discover that it has hairline cracks in three corners of the base pane. So everything now on hold - which is a nightmare for an Aries male like me! Now all the hassle of returning it begins......don't suppose I could just seal it and it would be fine?

I'm sorry to hear that. :( that sucks. Nothing worse than getting something new, getting home and finding it broken. I hope they send you a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom