Adding driftwood & sand to tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picture_117

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I added sand to my tank and the sand settled but there is still what looks like sand floating on the top of the water, is that going to go down or do i remove that? & I got some driftwood and soaked it and then boiled it and let it soak some more. Do I keep doing it or am I able to add it? thanks for any answers.

The sand might settle by tomorrow if not you can remove it as for your driftwood you can add it but sometimes it takes a long time for it to sink but you can weigh it down with rocks what I did was found two flat rocks and drilled a hole in them and attached them to the driftwood with stainless steel screws hoe this helps

A LFS, when I boiled it released a lot that stuff I can't remember what it's called, I think I might just remove the sand it's just a thin layer in patches not the whole tank

Sand is gone from the top of the tank, driftwood is down. Is the filter okay with getting some sand sucked up when doing PWC or something that kicks up the sand?

I bought driftwood from my LFS and soaked it for 24 hours. Never had a problem with it floating. I hear that sand can do a number on a propeller but I don't have any experience with it yet.

Yeah mine didn't float at all. Yeah I've read that to, I guess I have to turn it off when doing PWC or something that disrupts it then letting the sand settle before turning it back on

Back
Top Bottom