Adding Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a setup 55 gallon tank that has been cycled and is up for about a year now. But since then I did not really get many middle tank swimmers in their so I was looking at Giant danios since this is a more or less community aquarium. I say more or less because I have two small freshwater Angels in there so I did not want to risk putting neon tetras or other smaller fish in their so I thought giant danios were perfect. Since these are colorful, pretty large, and active middle swimmers of the tank.

So my question is how many of the giant danios can I put into the tank so they would be healthy? I was also thinking about Boesemani Ranboss or Praecox rainbows but I don't think their will be enough room with ought going over the bio load

Right now I have 2 bio wheel 350 filters in their and the tank came with only one so I got a second in their so I could add almost double the fish.

My current inhabitents of the tank are...

2 small-medium angelfish, 2 blue gourami, 6 Cory cats, 2 kuhli loaches, 1 upside down catfish,2 bristlenose plecos,and 2 angelicus Botias

I appreciate all replies thank you so much guys ( I am also new to this forum site)

I think praecox rainbows would be a better option. Not only are they smaller than giant danios (I've seen GIANT giant danios), but I also find them more attractive. Not to mention rainbows are awesome!

Thx for the advice, so what you suggest I get rainbows and praecox Rainbowfish

Could you tell me how many you suggest of each species and also the problem is that I have to purchase the Praecox Rainbowfish online off of liveaquaria and I heard it is not good to order online...

But thank you for the advice and reply ?

Thx for the advice, so what you suggest I get rainbows and praecox Rainbowfish

Could you tell me how many you suggest of each species and also the problem is that I have to purchase the Praecox Rainbowfish online off of liveaquaria and I heard it is not good to order online...

But thank you for the advice and reply ?

Ordering online is fine if you can deal with the shipping prices. Many sites hold a DOA program incase of accidents in the shipping process.

Rainbows like groups of 5+

Caleb

Do you think a group of 5 Boesemani Rainbowfish and 2 Praecox Rainbowfish would be good???

Also I do love the Giant Danio's could you, ImACoolGuy tell me about your opinion about them...
Thanks

I also know that petco (I know it's not the best fish store) will special order fish for people and then keep them on hold. They get them online. Then you don't have to pay shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow, that's interesting because I have a couple of petco's nearby...
I will have to ask about that
thanks!!!

Guys I have really been thinking about this and it turns out I really like Danio's so I wanted to ask if this would be ok to go with the other fish in my tank... It might be to much
For the bio load though but I do have 2 biowheel 350 filters installed...
How about this...

10 Giant Danios
3 Boesemani Rainbows
2 Preacox Rainbows
???

You can add neon or cardinal tetras they look great as schooling fish, and they will be fine with your fish.

For a whole 55g?? Naw man. That's doable IMO with good filtration.

Caleb

Did you see all the other fish he has in the tank? When full grown i wouldn't be too sure about 10 Giant Danios, 7 Rainbowfish, as well as the other fish he has which includes 3 Plecos i believe.

Sorry; i checked and it is 2. But they make big messes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Did you see all the other fish he has in the tank? When full grown i wouldn't be too sure about 10 Giant Danios, 7 Rainbowfish, as well as the other fish he has which includes 3 Plecos i believe.

Sorry; i checked and it is 2. But they make big messes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

My mistake ;) I only saw the lower stocking not the original listed way up above.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom