Adding more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepwater

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking about adding more fish to my 55 gallon. I already have

1 irredescent shark [currently 4.5"] I know Fluffy will get to big eventually.
3 dwarf gourami [Pin, Jack, Flash]
6 Glowlight tetra [Chris, Buck, Josiah, Nathan, JD and Vin]
7 Neon Tetras [Simon, Jim, Blair, H, Rafe and Joel]
{Ezra thinks he's a Glowlight and won't school with the others
1 Borneo Sucker Superfly
4 Ottos [Shadrach, Meshach, Abendigo and Goliath]
4 Kuhli Loaches [Fat Man, Little Boy, Truman and Kuhlio]
1 Male Betta [Minotaur]
6 Marble Hatchets currently nameless

This tank is lightly planted and has plenty of hidey holes. Except for a few flarings I have had no problems with fin nipping or anything. I do a 30% water change every 7 days and my water perimeters are excellant. I have the filtration for a 75 gallon tank on this 55. It's been up a running for almost a year now.

Since the Gourami are Labarynth fish they aren't as hard on the oxygen as other fish. I was considering getting another Borneo and another Otto, possibly some more kuhlis, neons or Glowlights.

I don't want to overstock but with my filteration and water changes I think I can add a few more.

You may still be slightly under if you limit the tetras to 1" each. Adding additional tetras would depend on how long your existing ones have been in the tank. I would also take the betta's potential attitude towards "new" friends into account.

Since oto's are hardier with higher school numbers, this may be an excellent choice.

I don't have experience with the other species mentioned.

HTH,

i must say deepwater you have an awesome assortment of fish and that would probably be the ideal fish for a good community aquarium for myself, you better find some good fish!! good luck! :D

you can, but you shouldn't add them at the same time. because i think you might get a mini cycle? but i think it'd be fine.

and how do you name your fish? i cant tell the difference very well.

Back
Top Bottom