Advice for the little tank guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleSharky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started up a 5-gallon tank to pretty up my bedroom. I've seen some advice stuff about plants and things, but they all appear for bigger tanks! Is there any advice for someone who has a small tank? (Cant fit anything larger on my table in my room!

LittleSharky said:
I started up a 5-gallon tank to pretty up my bedroom. I've seen some advice stuff about plants and things, but they all appear for bigger tanks! Is there any advice for someone who has a small tank? (Cant fit anything larger on my table in my room!

R u talking bout just plants or fish or wht

I'd like just anything specific I should know. Like, are there plants I CAN put in there? Would they be harmful? Is there anything special I need to do, what with the tank being a small one?

LittleSharky said:
I'd like just anything specific I should know. Like, are there plants I CAN put in there? Would they be harmful? Is there anything special I need to do, what with the tank being a small one?

I'm really don't now anything bout live plants I was asking if u were putting fish in there

I have two five gallon planted tanks. In both of them I have dwarf sag, rotala indica, some red crypts, and one stem of wisteria in each that I continually have to keep trimmed, but it is a great water cleaner so I keep small amount. In one of the 5 gallons I have a small piece of driftwood with some java fern that is doing alright, and in the other one I have two small stems of moneywort that is growing very very slowly. Each of these tanks houses a single male betta fish. They both have sand substrate and malaysian trumpet snails that live in the sand bed. I use seachem root tabs every 6 months.

Neat! That sounds like a really cool tank! I'll have to look into some of that.
Right now, I DO have some fish in there, doing a "Fish-in Cycle" As you guys call it. Planning on doing a water change today.
Any advice on the cycle?

LittleSharky said:
Neat! That sounds like a really cool tank! I'll have to look into some of that.
Right now, I DO have some fish in there, doing a "Fish-in Cycle" As you guys call it. Planning on doing a water change today.
Any advice on the cycle?

Ya wht fish

Back
Top Bottom