Advice on new tank purchase please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This stuff can be confusing. I think I got it though, and if I have really hard tap water, a lid could actually help lower pH, so all in all probably not a bad investment for a newbie.

I think I am sold on the 40 gal breeder tank though. I laid out a bunch of tank footprint cutouts last night at work (yeah I had some free time after the supervisor left :rolleyes: ) and it really does seem like the most bang for buck type thing to me. I'm a hands on type person though, and will have to see an actual tank on a stand to really get a feel for it, but for now, that is what I am thinking. However, I am a girl and reserve the right to change my mind! ;)
Well... not really. You don't want that to happen... but in all honesty, I doubt you will have issues if you at least keep the gap behind the glass open (aka don't put the plastic cover piece on). And... don't worry about hard water. My pH has always been 7.8 and i've kept all kinds of fish with no problems.

God I feel puny. My biggest is 37, and it sits empty as I wait to build up the components for a salt tank

You feel puny? LOL all I have is a 14G, that's all!

Fortunately my ability to keep my money has kept my MTS in check, but it certainly hasn't stopped me from trying to find a way to sell/trade my tank for something better/larger. Or price out a full setup online and stare for hours. I "stock" them and everything!

One day... :rolleyes:

Next tank definitely = 40B, 20L, or a nice rimless cube :p

Okay, I thought so. Crepe said SW so I got confused and thought my advice was then wrong.

Thanks for clarification!

Imo it doesn't really matter in fw as much in sw. A lot of people strive for lower pH. For fw a drop from 7.4 to say 6.4 isn't a big deal. 8.4 to 7.4 in sw is disastrous.

Back
Top Bottom