Advice on scaping my first tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Asgerlund

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there :) I'm excited to post for the first time on here, as I have just returned home with a Fluval Edge 12 gallon tank. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and I really dig the looks of it. I'm preparing for a much larger tank in a couple of months but I want to practice on a smaller project to begin with.
My dilemma is that I got drawn in by all these amazing underwater landscapes in this zen/Japanese style that seems to be really popular, and my tank is kind of shaped as a square if you know what I mean. What is different is that I will have to scape in height as well and stock it with fish that swim in different parts of the aquarium so it won't look empty.
Any good ideas or advice on any of this? :)

Best
Asger

I of course mean that the tank is as wide as it is tall :) English isn't my first language ;)

Thanks mumma :)

Are there any general advice that you know of in regards to an aquarium with these dimensions?

I like your links!

And this is it :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120522_122338.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120522_122338.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 114
  • ForumRunner_20120522_122402.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120522_122402.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 150
For more opinions I'd say move this to the Planted Tank section or
ask another question there.

Scaping is a very personal thing. I have clubmembers who are compete with their tanks.
Me ? I just grow some plants and see what happens LOL I keep meaning to be disciplined and have a plan. But I get free plants and just start throwing things in ;)
I need to rescape my rimless 10g soon

Coursair said:
For more opinions I'd say move this to the Planted Tank section or
ask another question there.

Scaping is a very personal thing. I have clubmembers who are compete with their tanks.
Me ? I just grow some plants and see what happens LOL I keep meaning to be disciplined and have a plan. But I get free plants and just start throwing things in ;)
I need to rescape my rimless 10g soon

Haha cool, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom