Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damiller

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29 gallon tank with3 guppies, 2 swordtails and 2 mollies. What else and how :flowers:many should I add?

How long has the tank been set up? I'm assuming it's cycled and stable, yes?

You could probably do something for the bottom, depending on your substrate. If you have sand or round (not sharp) gravel you could try some Corys, a group of 6 would do nicely. You could probably also add a shoal of smaller fish like neon tetra, maybe 6. Just keep in mind if your livebearers breed (assuming you have mixed sexes) your tank could become overstocked pretty fast.

Welcome to AA by the way!

Yes. Its an established and cycled tank. Sand substrate. Corys and neons. Thanks!!! And thanks for the welcome!

Welcome! Yeah I would do a small school of neons then some panda Cories for the bottom. Beautiful fish IMO!

Your 29 G

I have a 29 gallon tank with3 guppies, 2 swordtails and 2 mollies. What else and how :flowers:many should I add?

Hello D...

You have all "Livebearers" in your tank. If they are all males, then you could add a half dozen more small fish. If you have pairs, don't add more fish and make plans for expansion.

If you follow a sound tank maintenance routine, by replacing half the tank water weekly and routinely service the filtration equipment, you'll have a full tank in a matter of a few months.

Get some floating plants into the tank too. Anacharis, Pennywort, Water wisteria and Water sprite are some good ones. Aquarium fish are most comfortable in heavily planted tanks.

Just a few thoughts.

B

Back
Top Bottom