African Cichlids or Planted Goldfish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didnt mean to qoute ya by mistake but fishfriends3 said that same thing in another thread (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f100/starting-a-cichlid-tank-302140-3.html on post #30) so either way was still incorrect. :cool:

I understand what your saying (y) (tks for stepping up) but to do the vinegar test on rocks the will fizz that are okay will not be incorrect for the OP. as the OP might find a good deal on rocks like holey rocks is all I was getting at.

NP, I wrote it in regards to the op stating that they were wanting to use locally found stones... If I regurgitate bad info I want to be corrected, I also want to know why!

So you assume the op is going to find holey rock in their back yard dispite not knowing what part of the world they come from. Just to confirm inert rocks are always safer for aquarium use, make sure you vinegar test any rocks you find locally. You seem stuck on this word 'incorrect' but what is incorrect is to blindy go out collecting rocks and throw them in your tank which is what you're advocating. Well done on spotting that I've suggested the vinegar test in other threads and I will continue to do so as this is the easiest way to check the suitability.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe on saint patrick's day the OP will get a pot of texas holey rock at the end of the rainbow. It's okay to be wrong ..... let it go. You need to read what I wrote before assume cause people who make an --- out of them self. There is plenty of places to get holey rock. Online, LFS. You keep telling to do the test & be happy about it. They can do the test if they wish but if they limestone as we do have plenty here, the vinegar test will do what? So now they dont use it..kock your heart out

Back
Top Bottom