african clawed frogs + bronze corys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a well established 10 gallon tank with 2 medium sized African clawed frogs and 2 small ones, and I just added two bronze corys to clean up some algae, but they seem shy and intimidated by the frogs. Do you guys think it would be a good or bad idea to get two more bronze corys? I'm sure it would make the corys more comfortable, but I'm not sure if having all 8 of those animals in the 10 gallon would be wise or not. Opinions??

thanks guys

My friend keep claw frogs and coreys just fine. I think you will be fine with adding a couple more coreys to the tank. Usually coreys and african claw frongs stay pretty small. Now there is one type of coreys that do grow to about 5inchs. So if you had those then yea that would probably be pushing it for a 10gal. I just dont remeber the name of them. Saw them once at the lfs an it was over a year ago.

awesome! thanks. I've read that bronze corys dont get bigger than 3 inches. I may get another tank at some point and get a whole bunch of panda corys for that, but not any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom