African Dwarf Frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daisy19

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone...

I am sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but I am new to this forum and could not find anything on this topic. I just recently bought an African Dwarf Frog (I have never had one before) and I am really worried that he is not eating. I bought him last Wednesday and have been giving him freeze dried bloodworms and freeze dried brine shrimp, but I do not see him eating. He is in a one gallon bowl (I am hoping to buy a bigger tank soon) with lots of real plants and two lava rocks, so, he has plenty of places to hide. I do see him swimming around a lot so I do not think he is sick. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, I am an animal lover and I really do not want him to die. Thanks

I'm not versed in ADF, but if they are similar to some other aquatic animals they may not be active/eat until they are comfortable in their environment. I put a few ramhorn snails in my tank, and they hardly moved for about a week. Then they decided that they were going to cruise around the tank nonstop!

What is the temp of your bowl? Does the temp remain steady? Frozen bloodworms are a favorite of ADF's. Use a turkey baster to put some bloodworms directly in front on his face.
And as soon as you are able get him into that bigger tank. You may have to do daily water changes on the 1 gal to keep the water pristine.

Back
Top Bottom