Air line tubing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CDGQY

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. Does anyone have advice on getting air line tubing to fit onto a filter? Sometimes when I'm cleaning my tank, I have such difficulty in getting the tube back onto the filter. I've tried holding the end of the tubing in hot water and using a tool to stretch it a bit, but it can take forever to wiggle it into place. There must be an easier way. Thanks!

In this case, it was a Jardin corner filter but I have the same struggle attaching to air stones and valves, etc. Eventually I'm able to attach the tube, but I'm sure it should be easier and less time consuming.

Are you using the clear vinyl tubing? You might consider using silicon tubing as a partial or total replacement. It is quite flexible.

I'm using clear tubing. I will try the silicon tubing which could eliminate a great deal of frustration. Thank you.

Heat gun/hair blowdryer will make any size tubing pliable jusr go easy in a circular patern. If you stay in one spot it'll melt. This even works on 3/4" and 1" braided line as well as hard PVC if you wanna get sexy. A little heat will definitely let you work that airline easier

Back
Top Bottom