Air Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ollymoran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I would like some advice on air pumps. I have the panorama 64litre tank with a few goldies in it and have purchased an air curtain that I placed along the back of the tank and it did look spectacular. Its been a while now since I have had it and although I have been pushing through air to clear any blockages etc from the curtain id say its only creating about 50% or less bubbles than it usually did. I bought an air pump from pets at home and I told the bloke what it was for and he said it would easily be ok, but I'm not sure. I have had the pump about 3 or 4 months and I'm just wondering if its powerful enough to CONTINUASLY push the air through. My air pump is here

Airvolution Aquarium Air Pump | Pets At Home

Its the mini one which I was TOLD it was powerful enough, What do you guys think??

Air stones need to be cleaned periodically. They can get loaded up on the outside with biofilm reducing their efficiency. Take the stone out and soak it in hydrogen peroxide for about 20 minutes. Then rinse it well under the tap and reinstall. See if this gets it to performing like new again. Good luck, OS.

it is not an airstone its an air curtain. Just a tube with loads of little holes attached to an air pump

I'm sorry. Many of the air curtains I see over here are very long air stones. Does your air pump had a small felt like filter over the little hole where the air goes in? Sometimes they can get stopped to with dust. If it's okay then probably the air pump is not large enough. Hope you get it figured out. OS.

Back
Top Bottom