algae eater, what kind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would need a picture of his whole body from the side (including tail) for a better guess.
And if it is a common pleco the you would want to move it asap. If you don't it may stunt the pleco's growth and it would be very unhealthy.

My guess isit is a bushy nose pleco, which get to only about 4-5" max. So you would need a 20-30gallon for him to grow up to full size.

Would he be alright in there for another 6 months? Trying to wait until tax time to get a bigger tank.

Yeah, he is definetly a young bushy nose, (too young to have a bushy nose though)

And he will be fine in the ten gallon for a little while, just stay on schedule with the water changes, plecos poop a lot!

When I do a water change should I use the vacuum to clean the gravel every time or just take water out? I'm pretty new to this and just found this forum, which by the way, is full of info and helpful people. Should've done my research before I started. Just kinda jumped in blind. Learning as I go.

When I do a water change should I use the vacuum to clean the gravel every time or just take water out? I'm pretty new to this and just found this forum, which by the way, is full of info and helpful people. Should've done my research before I started. Just kinda jumped in blind. Learning as I go.

Haha its ok, there are plenty of people who are willing to help you!

You want to dig the end of the gravel vacuum into the gravel every waterchange you can. Especially under decorations where poo can get caught.

Back
Top Bottom