All 0 readings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Em29uk

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went to my pet shop and she tested the tank water, she said there's nothing in my tank all reAdings were 0 ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates , she said that's fine to add fish! Put 2 tetras in lemon ones n 1 has died already! Are the readings right?

Nitrates should almost never be 0 in a cycled tank. Assuming you have an uncycled tank and allowed the water to sit overnight then it seems that you are now going through a fish in cycle. My first suggestion would be to go out and buy an API master test kit so you can test your water all on your own but first I would get another reading from your LFS to see what it's at now.

If you have any ammonia at all then you'll need to do a 50% water change to get it down again.

Take a look at this link.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/i-just-learned-about-cycling-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now/

Well I've lost the 2 new fish I bought last night and hVe 1 neon tetra left , I did change tanks 2 weeks ago using old water from old cycled tank and used old media in new tank also but maybe my new tank has started from scratch n is cycling :(

If you waited two weeks to add fish after you added seeded media to the tank then some of the BB has probably died off due to lack of food (ammonia produced from fish).

I would suggest getting an API Master Test kit so you can do you own readings since I image you are going to have to do some cycling.

If you waited two weeks to add fish after you added seeded media to the tank then some of the BB has probably died off due to lack of food (ammonia produced from fish). I would suggest getting an API Master Test kit so you can do you own readings since I image you are going to have to do some cycling.

Yes I am definately purchasing a test kit tomorrow, better than wasting money on fish that die

Back
Top Bottom