All my stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
65 gal:
2x Angelfish
2x Pearl Gourami
12x Rummynose Tetra
12x Pygmy Cories
9x Furcata Rainbowfish

20 gallon:
6x Glo Fish
4x Platy
4x Guppy
3x Dwarf Molly
5x Pygmy Cories

10 gallon:
2x Guppy
2x Platy
2x Dwarf Molly
1x Pygmy Gourami

Sound good? Hoping to get and afford all of these within the next 5 years or less. :cool:

Weird, I've never heard of a pygmy gourami or a dwarf molly. The stocking sounds pretty good. If you can, you should get a 65 gal breeder. It would have a bigger footprint for the cories. And gouramis like shallower water. Although make sure it's tall enough for the angelfish. :)

Weird, I've never heard of a pygmy gourami or a dwarf molly. The stocking sounds pretty good. If you can, you should get a 65 gal breeder. It would have a bigger footprint for the cories. And gouramis like shallower water. Although make sure it's tall enough for the angelfish. :)

I think he meant Pygmy cories in the 10 gal stocking list. I have never heard of a dwarf Molly or Pygmy gourami either.

65 gal:
2x Angelfish
2x Pearl Gourami
12x Rummynose Tetra
12x Pygmy Cories
9x Furcata Rainbowfish

20 gallon:
6x Glo Fish
4x Platy
4x Guppy
3x Dwarf Molly
5x Pygmy Cories

10 gallon:
2x Guppy
2x Platy
2x Dwarf Molly
1x Pygmy Gourami

Sound good? Hoping to get and afford all of these within the next 5 years or less. :cool:

Wow. 12 cories will definitely look awesome in a group. Just hope your lfs has that many and you can afford all those fish. In total, you are gonna need quite a lot of cories ( Lol ) and at least $20-30.
I have never heard of a furcata rainbowfish, got any pics of them?

No LFS nearby... I'll check Jack's Aquarium and Pets... if not maybe Kentucky has some. I was hoping mystery snails or assassin snails?

New Idea (won't be getting this anytime soon, I mean YEARS):
Oh yeah, probably taking out the green clown goby or blue gudgeon dartfish due to fighting:

Attachments

• 125 Saltwater.jpg
    125 Saltwater.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 41
No LFS nearby... I'll check Jack's Aquarium and Pets... if not maybe Kentucky has some. I was hoping mystery snails or assassin snails?

Mystery snails and assassin snails are great. But they have TOTALLY different personalities. Ones a scavenger and the other a predator. If you are gonna keep assassin snails, I would keep a separate tank for pond snails and drop a few pond snails in the assassin's tank as food. Both look really cool though.

65 gal:
2x Angelfish
2x Pearl Gourami
12x Rummynose Tetra
12x Pygmy Cories
9x Furcata Rainbowfish

20 gallon:
6x Glo Fish
4x Platy
4x Guppy
3x Dwarf Molly
5x Pygmy Cories

10 gallon:
2x Guppy
2x Platy
2x Dwarf Molly
1x Pygmy Gourami

Well, I don't claim to know much about 65 or 20 gallon stocks but I have done extensive research on 10 gallon stocks and I think everything sounds good except the Platys. I know a lot of people put Platys in their 10 gal tanks but I wouldn't do it IMO. I think they get too big but I may be wrong. In regards to the Glofish in the 20 gal, I would not personally buy them because they are dyed to look like that and I don't think fish dyeing should be supported. It's really your choice if you want them though. Good luck on your tanks! :)

My platy does REAL good by himself in a 1 gal with filter and light. I SWEAR that he's happy, I didn't think it would work.

Well, I don't claim to know much about 65 or 20 gallon stocks but I have done extensive research on 10 gallon stocks and I think everything sounds good except the Platys. I know a lot of people put Platys in their 10 gal tanks but I wouldn't do it IMO. I think they get too big but I may be wrong. In regards to the Glofish in the 20 gal, I would not personally buy them because they are dyed to look like that and I don't think fish dyeing should be supported. It's really your choice if you want them though. Good luck on your tanks! :)

I believe glo fish are genetically modified, not dyed so its humane. I still don't like the look though.

I believe glo fish are genetically modified, not dyed so its humane. I still don't like the look though.

Yeah, they are genectically modified somehow and I don't like them either. The green ones were actually white skirt tetras before they were modified.

Back
Top Bottom