Almost cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welshsamantha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Oh getting excited.my nitrites are finally dropping.hoping cycle won't be too much longer.been over 6 weeks so far :) what fish would you suggest to have in a 110litre.I'm a complete beginner thanks

Sent from my C6903 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

?

Attachments

• 1411893425888.jpg
    1411893425888.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi WelshSamantha.
Cycling looks like it's well on its way.
Before deciding on fish, take a bucket of your source water, presumably tap, leave it for 24 hours and test it. Check Ph, Kh, Gh, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. This will tell you your starting point for the tank and highlight any problems that you might encounter from your tap. My water is very soft, zero Kh and zero Gh and although I do buffer these up a bit I have opted for a range of fish that like those parameters and have no hard water high Ph loving fish. It's much easier to go with the flow than to add fish that won't really thrive in the source water.
Hope the cycling completes soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yay! That's a good feeling.

Do you prefer active fish, or peaceful ones?

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi I'm in Highlands of Scotland so water is soft.ph was 7.3 but don't have a kh or go test.can I buy them online.my eldest is autistic and wanting some fish he can chill out and watch swimming about thanks

Getting lighter :)

Attachments

• 1411979979103.jpg
    1411979979103.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom