Almost Ready!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
November 1st already and my 3x emerald eye rasbora & 1 electric blue ram are all doing really great. Tested water last night and it was awesome still :)
These guys are funny at feeding time, little savages!! I only drop a teeny tiny bit in, wait till they eat it all and drop a teeny tiny bit more. The ram is learning to come up to the surface to get some but I also have some sinking pellets just for him... use them after the rasboras have their food

Well, since I put the fishies in the tank on Saturday Oct 26, 2013, I did my first official PWC of 2 gallons last night (Nov 1). I used the small vacuum to go over the bottom gravel and rocks to get any detritus.
Will do tests tonight to make sure all is good with the water parameters. I have decided I will wait until mid week to add any more fish to this tank. It will be 2x emerald eye rasbora & 1 or 2x oto cat.

Nov 5, 2013
fish in first 10 gallon saltwater are doing really good. Will for sure be adding 2 more emerald eye rasbora in on Friday after work. Decided against the otocinclus cat(s) for now and will just keep up with PWCs.
I now have a 2nd 10 gallon tank all cycled and ready for fish and one of my LFS's has pink danios!!! Gonna grab me 3 of those and some sort of centerpiece fish too

Darn! Was planning on getting two more ee rasbora for the first tank today but they just got them in yesterday. Now I have to wait another week, but better safe than sorry!!

Still haven't done the big water change on the second cycled 10 gallon either, guess I can do that tonight and get fish on Sunday (pink danios here I come) :)

Ok, update:
LFS had no emerald eye rasbora! :(
I bought 3 x pink danios and added them instead.
Also, 2nd fully cycled & planted 10 gallon got some new fish too:
3x red line tetra
2x neon tetra
1x gold german ram

Back
Top Bottom