already cycled????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue_neon

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so had a really big problem with ammounia and i cleaned it all out as much water as i could get out and filled it back up and now when ever i check ammounia there is none it is a 29 gal and has 11 fish in it i did this two weeks ago.... so i was wondering if my tank could have cycled already?[/b]

Possible. Did you also check Nitrite and Nitrate levels? The nitrite may still be high, and dangerous.

Also possible... If you have 11 tiny fish (neon tetras, guppies), and you don't feed them excessively, they may not have affected the ammonia in your tank hugely, especially if you have a biowheel/biowheels. That happened to me with my 55G. I never had an ammonia spike!!! I just kept 15-20 zebra danios to cycle it, and added other fish after 2 weeks (all nitrogen levels were low-->0) and the tank has been fine since.

well i have 3 serpae tetras(i know i need more serpaes) , 3 female bettas, 4 glowlight tetras (they r all pretty bigfor glowlights)and 1 guppy(she is just 3 months old)

All pretty small fish. It's quite possible that they just haven't bio-loaded your aquarium to the maximum. Do you have a biowheel/biowheels?

no but i did the clean out on the 13 and i think that there should be enough ammonia for the teas to read something...anythingnad there is also no Nitrite

Back
Top Bottom