Ammonia in Tap Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It started all wrong with fish(didnt know better) fish died in less than 24 hours, so now the only thing in tank is some anubius and some stability lol, and cool man that gives me hope/insight if i decide to use half ro water, i probably for my piece of mind, if the tank is only .25 ammonia(last reading) and my tap water is 2.0, and i did a water change thursday(50%) then i have to assume the good bacteria that converts ammonia into nitrite is in place, so im just waiting on the bacteria that converts nitrite to nitrate to develope and i i should be good to go : )

If you don't have any fish, but just plants, you don't change out the water at all, just keep the filters on and test the water. You will find that the ammonia will go down and the nitrite=0 and nitrate will be higher. That's when you know the cycling is complete. Do a water change using Prime, and now the tank is ready for fish (that has been in QT for at least 3 weeks). :)

Back
Top Bottom