Ammonia level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Average money spent on chemicals in a week

• $5-$10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $15-$20

• $25-$30

• $35-$40

• $45-$50

• $55- and up

• Total voters

Techboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do I keep my ammonia level down with out adding detoxifiers: twisted:

No the Tank is done cycling. The size is 10 gallons. Six fish are in the tank. My setup is a month old. I have 3 freshwater sharks, an agley eater and 2 sunsets.
No live plants. Filter is a over the side penguin mine, and the substrata is rock and ammonia chips

i voted 5-10 but its more like 0, too keep your ammonia levels down with out adding chemicals just keep up with the water changes.

Also, make sure that your tank isn't over stocked and vacuum your gravel..every other water change is when I vacuum.

What are your tank specs Techboy? IE how big is the tank, type and number of fish, live plants, filtration type, substrate? All of these will help determine where the problem with ammonia is coming from.

Oh yeah, and how old is the setup? Is the tank still cycling?

Ya i think you need a $5 or less option. Once the tank is cycled no money should be spent on chemicals to keep ammonia down.

The only chemicals I use are water conditioners and plant fertilizers. Otherwise keep doing water changes to keep ammonia down, get the tank cycled and problem will be solved, basically permanently until something drastic happens.

I voted 5-10...I don't use any chemicals to keep my ammonia down...but I counted the cost of test strips in there...As soon as my tank cycles I won't need them as often...just will keep up with the once a week water changes and weekly gravel vacuuming...

Back
Top Bottom