ammonia test clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trkchezz

Aquarium Advice Freak
As almost everyone I jumped in to keeping fish, didn't have a clue what I was getting into. After finally getting a master test kit, my ammonia test is clear... any ideas(normal? )? I have tested more the once at different times of day, different days of the week. Every thing else is fine just where is should be.
Note:I got the kit used and is the old style in the cardboard box.

Are you using both bottles? Also, check the expiration dates as you mentioned the kit was used. If its expired, it may no longer be any good. Make sure you shake ALL of the bottles very well before testing. The nitrate bottles need to be shaken and banged on a hard surface as well.

Directions for tests:

Ammonia- 8 drops bottle 1, shake tube, 8 drops bottle 2, shake and wait 5mins to read results

Nitrite- 5 drops, shake and wait 5mins to read

Nitrate- 10 drops bottle 1, shake, 10 drops bottle 2, shake and wait 5mins to read

Ph- 3 drops, shake and read results immediately

High Ph- 5 drops, shake and read results immediately

Hope this helps!

Yes I think you aren't using both ammonia dropper bottles, I made the same mistake when I started! The water should turn yellow or green when you test correctly, not clear.

If there was only 1 bottle with the API kit I would take it back because there is supposed to be 2 of them.

Back
Top Bottom