An Even Bigger Tank Than I Thought! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never heard that about sparkling gouramis, but I'm not an expert, so you might want to stick with one just to be cautious. Although, AQ is a little conservative on those things in some cases, since it said that about my breeding pair of peacock gudgeons and they've never hurt any of our other fish.

But about the celestial pearls, those would probably be great. Just stick with nano fish if you're going to do them-- the sparkling gouramis, the microrasboras, etc. Those are all tiny fish, so don't buy anything big that can eat them. It's actually cool that you're going a community of dwarf fish.

What are the temps for the CPD and the Mosquito? In my opinion, if you do a proper acclimation, usually fish can adjust to a slighter higher temperature, or lower. You can probably make it work, considering they're both tropicals.

That sounds like a great stocking plan, though. It gives you breathing room in case you find a fish you fall in love with later and just have to have.

okay thankyou i will take that into consideration. my LFS is very understanding and will let me return the other two gouramis if they get aggressive.

it said that the temp requirement for the CPD were 16 - 24 *C and the Mosquito's were 23 - 30*C. wouldn't i just be able to make the temp 23-24*C with an adjustable heater?

thanks for the opinion on my stocking:) i really like the idea of dwarf fish as well. their adorable:) at the minute some of my shrimp are bigger than my Mosquito's in my 3 gallon!;)

Dan:D

You're welcome. It's always helpful to have a good LFS.

To be honest, I think you could make it 23-24. That sounds good to me. But if in doubt, I'd do it a bit warmer, rather than cooler.

Haha! Cute! Good luck with your dwarf fish!

thank you, I will keep you posted when I finally get started! My birthday is on the 8th of June, so I get all the things I need then, but then I'll have to wait till August to set it up! :mad: :(

Dan:)

Update :)

My parents ended up getting me a 15 gallon and said that i could have a 29 gallon next year if i 'don't lose interest' :)

So here's the new stocking plan for my amazing 15 gal that I love! :)

1 x Male Betta Splendens
8 x Harlequin Rasboras
4 x Kuhli Loaches
3 x Nerite Snails
~30 x Red Cherry Shrimp (I know that they'll probably end up as food but I already have them).

I checked with AqAdvisor and it said it was good, but I always like to check back here! :)

Thanks, Dan:D

Mr.Albiman said:
My parents ended up getting me a 15 gallon and said that i could have a 29 gallon next year if i 'don't lose interest' :)

So here's the new stocking plan for my amazing 15 gal that I love! :)

1 x Male Betta Splendens
8 x Harlequin Rasboras
4 x Kuhli Loaches
3 x Nerite Snails
~30 x Red Cherry Shrimp (I know that they'll probably end up as food but I already have them).

I checked with AqAdvisor and it said it was good, but I always like to check back here! :)

Thanks, Dan:D

O sweet! Kuhli loaches! I want those one day! They look super awesome! :) all the best with everything :D

Anyone have any thoughts?

Dan:D

I think it sounds good, but I'm not sure about the kuhli loaches. I know people say they can go well in small tanks, but they get an adult size of 3-4 inches and I don't think a 15 gallon tank would be comfortable with 4 of them.

Hmm, nope, but you could do 6 pygmy cories. =] Regular cories are too large and active for a 15 gallon. But pygmies would be perfect.

I think you should leave it at 8, personally, due to swimming room, and that you should consider only going with 4-5 cories, this will just leave everyone more space.

Back
Top Bottom