Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metatron

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi...I am currently and slowly stocking a 54 gallon corner aquarium...I currently have 3 corycats, 2 glow light Tetras, 3 longfin Danios, and 3 longfin red minor tetras...would an Angel fish be a suitable tank mate for them? Any other fish going forward would also be some sort of colorful peaceful fish. I would just like to have some sort of showpiece bigger fish.

The angel might get nippy with the glowlights: they will make snacks of neons, which are about the same size. Still, if you buy one that's smaller and let it grow into a centerpiece, if might be fine with it's tankmates.

If I might suggest, you should consider increasing the numbers of the fish you already have: they're all from species happiest in groups 5-7+. You'll see more interesting behavior from them, too. With fish of their size, you've got the room.

Thanks..I will for sure increase the school size of the smaller fish....is there any other fish you can think of that is maybe a bit larger will be ok being the only one?

Red Minor Tetras, aka Serpae Tetras can be very nippy. You may want to swap them for a more peaceful species.

What kind of Cories ? They have different requirements depending on species. They do love groups as well. Preferably all same species.

With a dark background, Glowlight Tetras look great. Consider adding enough for a large group. I keep 21 Neons in my 55g.

Harlequin Rasboras are nice
Lemon Tetras
Cherry Barbs are peaceful
Dwarf Rainbows.

I like to keep just one or 2 big groups of small fish and then accent with other species.

My 55g has
21 Neons
4 Roselines
1 Pearl Gourami male
Corydoras sterbai
Otocinclus
Farlowella vittata

IMG_3279.jpgIMG_2586.jpg

Thanks again! I found a beautiful pearl Gourami and I love it...the large tank he was in the store had quite a few different fish which included some of the breeds I have so he seems to be getting along well...I love it [emoji106][emoji3]

Thanks again! I found a beautiful pearl Gourami and I love it...the large tank he was in the store had quite a few different fish which included some of the breeds I have so he seems to be getting along well...I love it [emoji106][emoji3]

That's great. Mine really colored up once he got settled. [emoji1360][emoji226][emoji226]

Also working on increasing g the schools, bought 4 more glow lights yesterday...what a difference, they swim all over the tank now :) The longfin minors also seem to be behaving

Thank you! I give him the freeze dried blood worms, flake food and veggie flakes (not all at the same time) [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom