another newbie with newbie questions about a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
would silica pool filter sand work? here are its specs:

Silica Sand cleans pool water and keeps it clear. It is inert, odorless, ecologically safe and will not solidify. It will not stain and will help prevent clogging.
Specifically produced for residential and commercial sand filters
No UV degradation - Durable plastic bags can be stored outside
Meets all AWWA B100 recommendations
Filters out dirt, dust, algae, hair, makeup, suntan oil, leaves and insects
Specifically blended to achieve superior performance
Meets precise specifications of major pool and sand filter manufacturers

Oh and what reasonably priced filter should I get for the 20 gallon? I'm going to get the API master kit, do i need any other water treatment things as well? I have the Junge Jump start water decholorniator from my 1.5 still.

would silica pool filter sand work? here are its specs:

Silica Sand cleans pool water and keeps it clear. It is inert, odorless, ecologically safe and will not solidify. It will not stain and will help prevent clogging.
Specifically produced for residential and commercial sand filters
No UV degradation - Durable plastic bags can be stored outside
Meets all AWWA B100 recommendations
Filters out dirt, dust, algae, hair, makeup, suntan oil, leaves and insects
Specifically blended to achieve superior performance
Meets precise specifications of major pool and sand filter manufacturers

I don't see why it wouldnt be ok, the play sand I used was silica as well.

stocking ideas? should be picking up my tank/hood this weekend, and getting a filter, test kit, and decor by next weekend. I know I want to get some cory cats, and some sort of tetras.

A school of about 5 smaller cories. A school of tetras that you like and a dwarf or paradise gourami would be pretty nice.

How would I add a school of say 6 tetras to the tank? People here on the forums have been saying not to add more than 2 or 3 fish at a time to your tank due to adding high ammonia levels once its cycled. So would I add 2 or 3, and wait for a bit and add 2 or 3 more? Would the first fish I put in get along with the rest of the fish I put in? (keep in mind I'm talking about the same species of fish) Sorry if this is difficult to understand, I'm in a rush to post this as I am at work!

Back
Top Bottom