Another "what would you do with these tanks" post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenNewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Long time no post. I've been playing musical aquariums and just traded my 30gal hex for a 46gal bowfront. :wave: BTW, am I the only one that keeps trading tanks, trying new things? How do you just slap yourself & be satisfied w/ what you have?? :silly:

I would LOVE to do discus in the 46gal, and I'm trying not to drool too hard over a mated pair of greens for sale at a local store for $130. I have no interest in attempting breeding, though, so I think it would be better to let someone who wants to breed snap them up. Before I resettle all my occupants, I wanted to get opinions on compatibility/space requirements, so here goes:

The tanks:
29 gal Eclipse filter/hood, will have large gravel/small rock substrate
20L Whisper 125 filter (bought with the hopes of reviving the plants that didn't do well under the Eclipse's lower light output) & 2-bulb fluorescent light strip, small gravel substrate
46 gal bowfront, Filstar 2? (rated for up to 60 gal tank) or the HOB Marineland filter it came with, single bulb 36" light strip, would like to do white sand substrate to set off black stand/trim

The fish:
2 fantail goldfish 3-3.5" long
6-7" pleco (came with the bowfront)
2 bristlenose plecos 1.5-2" long
5 golden wonder killis (3 fem, 2 male)
1 albino paradise fish, female
1 dojo loach 4-5"
5 white clouds
5 emerald corys
5 bettas (4 fem, 1 male)
2 chocolate gouramis
2 gouramis 3-3.5" (platinum & blue, both fem)
1 baby molly
1 lyretail sword, fem
5 black neon tetras
1 glowlight tetra (a sr citizen, probably not long for this life)

The odd ones out are the sword & the molly (who picks on the gouramis), and I would not be sad to take them in for trade. Right now the bowfront is empty and everyone else is making do while I switch tank locations/substrate (on top of it all, the living room floor is being slowly redone).

Anyway, for those who made it this far & have any thoughts to offer, I'm all ears (eyes?)!

Back
Top Bottom