Any estimates on cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess one reason other tanks I've set up have gone [seemingly] faster is that I've always done a fish in cycling....even before I knew that's what I was doing. This one started as a no fish cycle simply because I could only afford to buy the decorations and accessories a little at a time.
I'm eventually going to move one of my big angelfish into this tank (I have two males, the younger one picks on the older one). But that won't happen until this tank and the one they're currently in get the same readings. Or as close as possible....PH will be different as this is a blackwater and the other is not. But then again, I do want to change over the other, so if I start adding a little peat to the filter of the other one, eventually they should be pretty close to each other in readings.
For now, the main fish that I want in there are cardinal tetras....maybe a few rummynose. Those are both found in the same habitat as angels in the wild, so I think they'll look good together. That's one of the reasons I used the bloodfins to test with. Still in the tetra family, but cheaper than the cardinals. That and I can't find cardinals anywhere right now. I have large bloodfins, rummynose and black tetras in with the angels now in my 55 gallon. I really like tetras.

Back
Top Bottom