Any idea on nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grannysneo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a nano tank on clearance it holds About 1/2 gallon water. It has a mini back filter. It designed for a betta. Is there anything I could use it for besides a betta ( just wondering ) it was a impulse buy

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You shouldn't use it for ANY fish... Even a Betta.

The most you could do with it is throw some inverts in there.

Yeah, a nice rock in the middle with lots of plants, then throw in a few Ghost Shrimp. I wouldn't put a fish in there, but you can still do something nice with it.

Nils

I like the rock n cherry shrimp. ( if I can find them). ?

Sorry for the pessimistic post but those tiny containers are logistical nightmares. It's virtually impossible to keep any sort of any parameters in check not to mention id imagine you'd be replacing and refilling water at an obscene rate.
Odds are you'd probably throw it away once you see how much pointless work goes into these. Water loss rate would be terrible in such a container.
Shrimps are living creatures created by God almighty and I don't think they deserve such a fate. I can't picture them even surviving much less thriving.

If you Google planted Shrimp bowls, you can get ideas. The Planted Tank forums have a ton of people using Pico tanks, bowls.

If you Google planted Shrimp bowls, you can get ideas. The Planted Tank forums have a ton of people using Pico tanks, bowls.

But the smaller you get as has been said the harder it is to keep things under control. I think you should try plants first without any living creatures and see if you can succeed with just the plants.

Back
Top Bottom