Any Paludarium Experts Out There?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith Stone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. Long time lurker - first time poster. Before I go any further, here is a little info to give a little back story on my aquarium situation. A couple months ago, I bought a 1.5 gallon fish tank, put a betta in it and fell in love with the hobby. 1.5 gallons was too small so I found a great deal on craigslist for a 55 gallon tank with everything included for only 40 dollars. (Tank, stand, heater, filters, aspirators, gravel, rocks, etc) It was a steal.

I was way too excited to start putting fish in and stuff before even thinking about aquasacping and such. Plus, being a college kid I've tried to do everything on a tight budget. Now a couple months later I realize my tank looks empty and bland. I started researching some options and now decided that the next step I would like to take is to make a paludarium. This will probably have to wait until my fish die or I find another really cheap deal on a decent size tank. :lol:

So, anyone here have any experience with setting up a paludarium? I really have no idea where to start. I have no experience putting live plants in a tank, doing any sort of aquascaping, etc. Anyone have any good ideas for me about where to start?

tl;dr - Anyone have any good pointers on setting up a paludarium? Thanks!

Welcome to AA!

I'm sorry, I don't know much about a paludarium.

You mentioned you'd have to wait until the fish die. Well.. many fish live years and years, your best bet may be just to re-home them if you don't like them anymore and you can start your paludarium.

Back
Top Bottom