Api master kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of the tests are the same. I think the nitrate test and maybe one of the pH tests are different.

My understanding is that the coloration on the cards is different for freshwater versus marine. You can get just the cards though for about $2 from API. I don't believe the reagents differ between the two kits.

Okay so I would need to order a different card and that's it? That's awesome. And also I got my hydrometer for my bw tank and that tank doesn't even have much salt at all so would I get bw or sw card for test? Or does it matter? I just don't wanna order the wrong card.

I'm not sure with brackish if you would use the fresh or the marine test kit. I'm presuming the marine, but I might be wrong. Sorry I can't help more.

I'm not sure with brackish if you would use the fresh or the marine test kit. I'm presuming the marine, but I might be wrong. Sorry I can't help more.

It's fine thanks for ur help and I am sure someone will be able to help me out. Thanks!

The difference between API kits for fresh and salt is the ammonia chart. And the phosphate chart. All others are the same color chart

That's interesting. It was API customer service who indicated that the color charts were different. Hmmmmmmmm....

Hondatek said:
The difference between API kits for fresh and salt is the ammonia chart. And the phosphate chart. All others are the same color chart

So would I need to get a marine chart for ammonia? And I can use all the same on other tests?

So I'm having ammonia problems in my 20g tank. Yesterday it was .25 and today it was 1.0, I did 75% wc and it went up to 2.0 what could be going on?

Okay well I know it's not overstocked and it was going through a cycle. I read it wrong sorry it's still 1.0 do I need to do another wc in a couple of hours? Any advice to get it down would help thanx!

If your doing a fish in cycle then yes you will need to keep doing water changes every day to keep your fish alive through the cycle, I suggest either take the fish back or have someone fish sit, I gave my fish to a friend because I didn't want to do multiple water changes a day during the cycling, plus it's a lot faster without the fish. Good luck!

Actually my tank was cycled but my tap water is 4ppm on ammonia and the water changes I was doing and changes filter pads I sent my tank into another cycle.

Back
Top Bottom