Api nitrate test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrawberryBlonde7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I can't seem to get an accurate reading. I follow the directions perfectly no always get yellow. Zero answer. I know that can't be right the strips show it's about 60ish.
Sigh any advice? Thanks

Hi
Make sure u give both bottles a shake before using more so the 2nd bottle I shake it for at least 1 min, then when u have both bottles in the tube give it a good shake for 1 min then wait 5 mins
Hope this helps!

Yep, try shaking and banging both nitrate bottles for 30 seconds (bang them a few times against your palm or on a hard surface to break up the reagent powder inside). When you add them to the tube, make sure you're adding them in the right order and the right amount of drops. Then shake the tube vigorously for 60 seconds and then wait 5 minutes for the reading. With that said if you just did a water change of if you have light stock or a lot of live plants you might not be showing much nitrate, but try what I said above and see if that helps.

Hey easily done! Lol
U should get the right reading now! ?

Back
Top Bottom